Thursday, April 3, 2014

APRIL FOOLS!

So, I thought I would be cute this year and put a little more thought and effort into April Fool's Day this year.  This deciphers down to........I actually got onto Pinterest before April 1st and copied some fun ideas!  {wink}



Monday night I went to bed with a bit of a skip in my step as I went over my mental note of little tricks I had just set up for Sami and Hubs ~ I couldn't really think of ones for Kaleab.....however, now that the day is over, a bunch of ideas come to mind!  Next year, Sweet Ka!  Next year!

I laid my head on my pillow, with visions of trickery dancing in my head!
1.  Cereal box bags switched all around......Check! {so they pour out a wrong kind of cereal}
2.  Light switches taped down { so they couldn't turn on the light}......Check!
3.  Vaseline under the bathroom door knobs............Check!
4.  Saran Wrap over Big Brother's shampoo bottle, so it wouldn't pour out.....Check!
5.  Saran Wrap over downstairs bathroom {where Dad likes to go in the morning since it's near his
     office}.......Check!
6.  Oragel deep into toothbrush bristles {numb mouth, anyone!?}.......Check!
7.  Mustard squirted into the toothpaste tube......Check {after Sami left for school}!

Sami showed me one of the taped light switches the next morning, "Mom, look!  I can't turn on the light in here!  What is this?!?"  To which I giggled  and smiled.  "Did you do this?....Why?!?" he asked, to which I explained through childish giggles that it was a day for pranks.

He then went to close the bathroom door, dousing his hand in vaseline.  He quickly pulled his hand away from the door knob, "You did this too?!?!"  {half smiling half looking confused}  To which I proudly answered with a twinkle in my eye, "Yup!  Gotcha!"  He just smiled and shook his head.  Oh! And, bless his heart, HE cleaned off the vaseline without any prompting from me!  Sweet son!  {Oops!  I better give Jeff credit too, as he cleaned off the knob in his bathroom without my asking too!  Progress, folks!}

They both caught on to the cereal bag swap before even pouring the cereal out.  {darn it!}  And the remainder acts of delinquency brought about a more chuckles as well!  As much of a prankster, Sami is, it was totally fun trying to get him on this day!

The final joke ended up being on me, in that when I came to brush my teeth that evening, and hubs had put SOAP on my toothbrush in an act of vengeance!  "Hey!  At least I put things that actually go in your mouth ~ mustard, Oragel ~ when does anyone put SOAP in their mouth!?!?  Eeeeewwwwwww!!!!"  I even had an after-taste of soap following this morning's brushing {must not have rinsed all the soap out well enough}.  Double whammy!  YUK!

All in all, a fun-filled April Fool's Day!  I even have ideas for next year ~ or sooner if I can't wait!  Ya gotta love Pinterest!!!!  {giggle inserted here}

 photo debbiesiggy.png

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Well this is a stinkin', super cute blog. Love the new look. Love the pics of your family. Love and miss you terribly. So happy so hear about your sweet life. :)

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!