Tuesday, November 6, 2012

ELECTION DAY


Well, Kaleab and I went to vote this morning!!!  What a liberating feeling to walk away from the poles, knowing that we live in a country that allows us the FREEDOM to vote for the leaders of our country!!!

I couldn't shake (still can't, really) a sense of worry for the future of our country.  But instead of walking around in a grey cloud of worrisome gloom and doom, I choose to walk in the light today.



GOD's LIGHT!!!

My family feels very strongly for the candidate that we believe to be the better choice for the future of America.  The candidate that will run this country on the philosophies in which this country was founded upon.

But regardless of how the poles calculate later this evening, what I will remember to do is KEEP MY EYES ON JESUS!!!!  HE is the leader of my life!  HE is the protector and provider for my children and family!  HE already knows how this will all work out.  Nothing is a surprise to Him.

He instructs us to "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God is with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."  (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Christ tells us to “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19,20).

He PROMISES to be with His believers "to the very end of the age!"  

THAT is where I will place my trust.

HE is who I will put my trust in.

The enemy would like for me to walk around in a tizzy filled with worry.  But God wants me to keep my eyes on Him and continue down the path of reaching out to others, sharing with them my personal source of strength and courage.  I will not give in to fear.  Instead, I will cling to my Heavenly Father and live in His light, joy and peace!

  And whichever way things go by the end of tonight, I will celebrate.  I will celebrate the KING of my ~ and my family's ~ life!!!  

No result of democracy can change who rules in our lives!!!!!

May each and every one of you exercise your right and to vote!!!!  And THANK YOU to all who have fought for us to continue to have this FREEDOM!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!