Sunday, April 7, 2013

ELMO PARTY!



To continue catching up, I wanted to post about Kaleab's birthday party.  We invited his sweet little friends and their families to come over and help celebrate Kaleab turning TWO!!!!  

If our sweet boy is not indulged with cars and trucks ~ or climbing and playing with balls ~ then he is all about E-L-M-O!!!

Given his love, Love, LOVE {or is it an obsession?} for Elmo, it was a no-brainer what the party theme would be!

I have never made a birthday cake before, and my first attempt at monkey cupcakes (for his birthday party last year) kept me and Jeff up until almost 4am!  Needless to say, I was a bit hesitant to try something new for a party, but I figured, it was only a cake.......and it was for friends......so we could all laugh together if I messed it up, right!?!?!?!!!

I'll let a few pictures tell the rest of the birthday party story........
 Making the cake the night before the party....
....it was really quite fun to make!....
just a bunch of stars!

PARTY DAY!.......
Table ready....minus the red punch on the drink stand!



 My Elmo cake with the final touches!
Little black sprinkles on the white square cake....
{no, it isn't dirt!  tee! hee!}

I made Kaleab a #2 smash cake!

ELMO veggie tray

ELMO fruit tray

 AWESOME chocolate elmo 
and #2 suckers I ordered off etsy!


 The invitation framed.

"Meeting" the Elmo balloon I ordered off Amazon.
Big hit with ALL the kiddos!

Time for singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 He teased that he might indulge....

...but even mama's goofy face didn't get him to play.....

......much, anyway!....

He loved being the center of attention when we all sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him!  He was so cute and almost embarrassed while simultaneously soaking it all in!  He was so soooo cute!  One of these days I'll figure out how to post videos.  Another day.

 Evidence of a good party when the sign falls down
{behind us! ha!}

Can't forget Elmo!


 SO tired but SO HAPPY!

 His Kaleab, 2, Emo shirt was also from etsy

THANK YOUs I also had made on Etsy!

 The birthday week comes to an end...
and peanut slept SO sound after the party!



Love You, Peanut!!!!

PS.....If you want any of the site from which I got some of the party items, just click here and it will take you to my Elmo Party Pinterest board!



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!