Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas in Wisconsin

Oh my!  How our Christmas was full of love, laughter, family and fun!  And did I mention family!!??!!??........yes, two very special boys made our holiday that much more amazing this year!  Pure bliss!


We had so.much.fun starting our own family traditions!

We headed to Wisconsin to share our first family Christmas in America with my side of the family.  It was so much fun to watch the boys playing with their cousins.  I have many a memory of childhood holidays playing with my cousins!  And it was ever-so-great to have family members who had not yet met the boys, be able to engage with them in person!



Sitting in the church pew on Christmas Eve, I could not contain the LOVE, JOY and GRATEFULNESS that was bursting from my heart.  Nor could I hold back the tears that rolled as I watched Kaleab peacefully sleep in my arms, while I simultaneously soaked in Sami.  His smile.  His beauty.  His joy.  His peace.  I could not withhold my overflowing gratefulness to God as I once again contemplated the fact that both of our boys were HOME with us this Christmas!!!!

As I listened to the pastor's sermon, I contemplated the virgin Mary receiving news of her divine conception.  I considered how faithful she and Joseph both were throughout the pregnancy and their raising of Jesus.  I recalled how trustworthy God was throughout it all.

Then I began to consider our own personal family story.

I just love reflecting upon our journey and remembering the numerous times and ways that God spoke to me and Jeff throughout our journey to parenthood.  I love to remember how faithful God was to us in our waiting, and to our boys in their waiting.  I smile as I ponder how trustworthy our Heavenly Father continues to be as we have moved on to our next family chapter of TOGETHERNESS over these past months.

Thus, the tears that I couldn't hold back that evening in the church pew.

Our family story continues to amaze me.  I will never forget our journey to one another.
Our boys continue to bless me.  I am humbled to have the privilege of being called their mama.
Our Heavenly Father continues to awe me.  I am humbled by His most precious gift of all Christmas gifts......my family......................

 HO!  HO!  HO!

 Having fun one night while decorating for Christmas.

 Hung the boys' stockings last year too, but 
the white stocking for JESUS is new this year!

LOVED giving the boys their ornaments
 the night we decorated our tree!
(Sami, soccer.  Kaleab, elmo)


Brunch with my brother, his family,
my nephew (sis was working) and my mom.

Christmas Eve!
Are my boys precious, or what!?!?!?


Santa was good this year!

My sweet sis.
What a night of laughter and fun!

Merry Christmas, son!

Sweet thing on Christmas Day.

Sami loved sledding with Dylan (and a neighbor girl)!













2 comments:

Rachel Pehl said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and I am so happy to see your kids home for Christmas! What a blessing!

Debb said...

Thank you SO MUCH! Words can't even describe my feelings this Christmas! The waiting is SO.WORTH.IT!!!! Love your chainlink waiting game! Hang in there as you await God's perfect plan for you and your family!

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!