Monday, October 3, 2011

HOLD ME TOGETHER

(scroll to bottom of blog; pause playlist; return here and click play button; enjoy
these words that reflect the promises of God)


Without God holding me together, I am falling apart.
I know He sees me. Even when I cannot see Him.
Or what He is doing.

Some days I feel like I am drowning in the silence.
Sometimes it feels like each "nothing" day takes our Baby "K" a little bit further away from me.

But just when I feel that way, God intervenes....
and reminds me of His presence.
In my life.
And in my son's life.
He is near.  

And He holds me together every time. Every day. Every minute.

He is still in control.
He is not surprised by any of this waiting.  And
He continues to orchestrate the details of our son's HOMECOMING.

Thank you, Lord, for understanding when I fall apart.
Thank you for giving me your strength when I am weak.
YOU are my hope.
My hope is not in the progress of our adoption.
My hope does not even lie within my son.
YOU. ARE. MY. HOPE.

May you PRETTY PLEASE (with sugar on top!)
bring me to my son.
May you PRETTY PLEASE (with even a cherry on top!)
bring our son HOME.
SOON.

And may you continue to hold me together 
each and every day.


4 comments:

carrie said...

Love this Debb, thanks for sharing! I like how you said, "my hope is not in the progress of our adoption. My hope does not even lie within my son. YOU ARE MY HOPE." I've been finding myself putting my hope in the wrong place, and then feeling frustrated that my hope seemed to be dying. But if I place my hope solely in Him, He fans the dying embers of hope back to life. Loving you, praying for you, willing you to press on, friend!

Kim said...

Always praying for your family!

Anonymous said...

Love you my beautiful friend!

Angela
(Its not letting me sign into my account GRRR)

Elle J said...

Heard Amy Grant's song, "Better Than a Hallelujah" and thought of you and your deep desire to just have answers, and your son ... "We pour out our miseries, God just hears a melody." Pour it out to Him - that is the relationship with God that He desires. xo

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!