Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WE ARE COMING, BABY "K!"

WOW!  We are humbled and completely AWED 
by our Awesome GOD!


WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!!

YES!  We will be going before the Ethiopian Courts on July 21st!  YES!  We got in BEFORE the court closures for the rainy season (Aug-Sept)!  NOTHING. SHORT. OF. A. MIRACLE!  We are still amazed by God's goodness!  Completely floored.

What a precious day-after-Father's-Day gift this call was for my honey, and a sweet belated birthday gift this court date is for me!  {my birthday is July5th}.  There is also another sweet something about the date of our call, but that is for another post.

I was about to pick up my cell to call Grama and Jenni (Jeff's mom) yesterday, June 20, when the phone rang.  Area code 703!  My heart skipped a beat, until I remembered that we had just finalized our home study that very day.  "Oh, I bet it has to do with the HS" I said out loud to myself.

When I learned it was Kristen (and not Catilin, our family coordinator), my heart skipped a beat again.  "Could this be a court date call?"  I wondered in disbelief.  That is, until I tuned in better to what she was saying and decided Kristen was just giving us a courtesy call to introduce herself as the travel coordinator.  {BUMMER!  I was thinking to myself, only really half listening to Kristen, I think}

.....Until I heard her say......"and I am calling with some especially good news for you today!  We have a Court Date for you!  July 21st!"

S-Q-U-E-A-L-I-N-G was all I could get to come out of my mouth!  "Oh, Praise God!"  I finally managed to say besides a squeal.  Kristen said, "Yes, as a matter of fact, I had not introduced myself to you or sent you any preliminary emails because cases just do not get processed this fast!  I was shocked too!  But CONGRATULATIONS!"  {I could hear the smile on her face through the phone, bless her heart}

Between more squeals I practically yelled, "This is because God soooo wants our baby HOME without running into the court closures!"........."We have waited soooooo loooong to 'meet' him......and now you are telling me we will be H.O.L.D.I.N.G him soon!?"......."God is so amazing!"

Don't worry.  I did eventually let her speak again and give me the details of how things will go from here!  {wink}  Kristen was a sweet gem and let me bask in the glory of the news, moving me forward gradually allowing things to settle in as we went along.  I bet she felt like she was giving a referral call!  Ha!

Well, we were over the moon HAPPY with "meeting" our baby boy at referral; and we continue to be blessed by sweet friends who offer to love on him and take pics/videos of him {next best thing to actually having him in our arms......so grateful to each one of you!}; and now this!?!?!?  


A court date one month after our referral!?!!?!?!?


On our knees with gratitude to the graciousness of our Heavenly Father.  AWED by how "nothing is impossible for Him!"

So now what, you ask!?!?...........

We have signed the travel packet information our agency needs to move forward, and it is sitting in Kristen's email box.  Our home study is updated.  We kept putting off taking the oral Typhoid vaccine, and it expired!  UGH!  So we are picking up the new stuff tomorrow and. we. start. taking. it. tomorrow!  No matter what!  And.....we have begun considering flight options TO. GO. SEE. OUR. SWEET. BABY. BOY!!!!!!  OUR SON!!!!

We plan to travel the weekend prior to the court date, giving us three days to love on him before court!

We are on our knees PRAISING God for this miracle of a court date!  PRAISING Him for providing us such loving family and friends who share in our JOY of this amazing news!  And PRAISING Him for all He is doing right now to give orchestrate the details of helping us Pass Court on July 21st!  GO, GOD!!!!!

THANK YOU, GOD!!!!!
WE BELIEVE!!!!!

10 comments:

The Davidsons said...

Praise God!!! I am so excited that you received your date before the closures!! Hoping you pass court quickly and can share pictures soon!!

erica said...

Congratulations!!! So thankful and excited that you received your court date so quickly, and that you get to go before the court closures!! God is so good, all the time (love the last photo)!! ;)

jkseevers said...

Eeeekkk! Soo excited! AND we get to travel together. Doesn't get much better than this. God is soo cool like that, isn't He??!

He's got this. We're believing for big things for our families!

Hugs!

Abby said...

wonderful news!!! and so glad you got in before the court closures!!

Elle J said...

I have chills reading that your day has come!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait for your travel dates!! I am praying for court approval on the 21st. YAY!!!

April D said...

Beyond happy for you! Congrats, Debb! If you need any travel advice, my blog has a lot of tips and packing help. Feel free ask whatever you need. :)

Karen said...

I have been praying for a court date for you!! So happy to hear this and it's on MY birthday!! I can't wait to see you with Baby K in your arms! love, Karen Wistrom :)

Alison said...

YAY!!! I have been praying for ya'll to get a court date in July! SO excited to hear this amazing news!!! It won't be long now!!!

Meleah said...

Praise the Lord! Was praying that the processes would go faster than usual. Looking forward to seeing pics of your little guy:)!

Christina Anderson said...

Prayers as you prepare to travel in the upcoming weeks!!! May it all go smoothly! Congratulations!!!!

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!