Tuesday, April 27, 2010

HOME STUDY REPORT

Well, it has been a while since I've posted. I was waiting for something newsworthy to update. Here is something......

AWAA APPROVED OUR HOME STUDY TODAY!

We are so excited! We are now waiting for our caseworker, Becky, to finalize the home study by getting it notarized, etc. Once this is done, she will give us the original and 3 copies. We will be able to then send our home study report along with some other forms to our United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once our government approves our desire to bring a child into the US as a member of our forever family, they will send us a very important form. The I-171H form! That is our ticket to sending our Dossier to Ethiopia! They say to expect a wait of 3-4 weeks to receive our I-171H form. We have all the other documents required in the Dossier completed, so we are only waiting for this one little ~ but oh-so-important form.

Prayers for expediency appreciated! :o)

Hope each of you are experiencing God moving in your life daily!

Send me any prayer requests that I can be saying for you, as we believe together in the POWER of prayer!

4 comments:

Becky Lee Burk said...

Debb, thanks for the blog love :)
I love love love doing the digital design stuff. If you ever are in need of some bloggy bling let me know!

Chuck and Shannon Ewing said...

Debb,
I lost your e-mail but found a book that I thought was amazing and loaded with information. It is titled Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Children, From your first hours together through the teen years by Patty Cogen. Of the several books I have read this is so inclusive and thorough. Didn't know if you had come acrossed it but thought I would share. Shannon

Tanya said...

That's very exciting news, Debbie! I still cannot believe how many steps there are to the whole process. It's almost like you're getting ready to fly to the moon! I'm exaggerating, but it sounds so complicated. I hope all goes well. :) -Tanya

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting...glad to have found your blog!

Post a Comment

We Love Your Kind Thoughts!